On this page, we outline relevant government policy and safety guidelines for the domestic cleaning sector. We are operating as normal and have implemented extra measures to provide safe services.
Latest Government measures
On 22 September, the Prime Minister set out new measures in a bid to curtail the virus and prevent a second wave of infections. He said that the measures would probably stay in place for the next six months. The latest changes for England are summarised below.
- People should work from home wherever possible
- Pubs, bars and restaurants to close at 22:00 BST and restricted to table service only
- Face masks compulsory for bar staff and non-seated customers, shop workers, waiters and taxi drivers. Fines for not wearing masks or following rules increased to £200 for the first offence
- “Rule of six” now applies indoor team sports. Plans to allow fans to return to sporting events paused
- Limit on guests at weddings reduced from 30 to 15. Up to 30 people can still attend funerals
Cleaners can continue working in people’s homes
Cleaners are permitted to work in customer homes during the “lockdown” period subject to safety and social distancing rules. The Government has provided guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to other people’s homes. You can find the latest Government guidance here. We have incorporated government safety guidelines into our operations. We have also recommended additional safety and cleaning measures to keep cleaners and customers safe (see below details).
When working in people’s homes is not permitted
- No work should be carried out by a cleaner who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild, or when someone in their own household has symptoms.
- No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded.
In these circumstances, cleaning sessions must be skipped either by pausing the booking or cancelling sessions. Customers will not be charged for sessions unless they opt to pay for sessions.
Request a Callback
Add your name and phone here and we will call you back ASAP.
Arising Cleaning Services LTD:
Company no: 12058911
VAT number: 328506402
© Arising Cleaning Services 2020
Developed by Webways